I don’t even know where to begin with this one, so I’ll just start with the first thought that pops into my brain:
1. It’s Hungarian Idol. That in and of itself is funny enough.
2. But he’s singing a Queen song.
3. Even though he’s Hungarian.
4. He’s butchering my favorite Queen song (next to Don’t Stop Me Now), but I should be used to that after this week’s nauseating American Idol.
5. Shut the fuck up, Kellie Pickler. Sorry – unrelated, but it had to be said.
6. Clearly, Hungarian Idol only has enough money in their budget for one backup singer and a pianist. They must have blown it all on strobe lights and hair product. I refuse to believe that the arrangement heard in that video was done by conscious choice.
7. His name is Varga Ferenc. Reminds me of the little museum curator from Ghostbusters II, the movie with the ugliest baby in the history of film
8. Varga is probably none too familiar with the vocal stylings of Freddie Mercury, being as he comes from a country whose sole musical pedigree is encapsulated in the works of Franz Liszt and Bela Bartok, and therefore comes in a verse too early. I guess it’s not that funny; I just enjoy mocking people.
9. The pronounciation of the word “look.” Just listen for it.
10. The sad fact that even though he’s Hungarian and sodomizing a great song, he’s still better than any of our “American Idols” so far this season.