This is my family:
- My grandmother and grandfather both have Master’s degrees in English.
- My cousin is a performer with the Cirque de Soleil.
- My aunt is an opera singer.
- My uncle is a Pulitzer-prize winning poet and author.
- My other uncle is a marathoner and triathelete.
- My mother is a chef.
- My other aunt has her Doctorate in history, is a college professor and author.
- Yet another aunt is a museum curator.
- My great-grandfather was an engineer; he designed the Hoover Dam, among many other structures.
- Another cousin is a successful restauranteur.
- Another cousin has seven Master’s degrees and works for NASA (yes, seven).
I am… What? A human resources analyst? A sometimes blogger? A failed graduate student who has resigned herself to working in corporate America? A piece of plain white bread soaked in 2% milk? Not living up to the expectations set by my family or myself?
I am… Not looking forward to our next family reunion. That’s what I am.
Sorry for the lack of more explicit details, but…I don’t know most of you. Tough titties.